Five principles guide the activities and decisions of the Partnership. Activities that do not conform to these principles will not be undertaken by the Partnership.
- Preserve, protect and enhance natural resource values including its lands, wildlife, plants, creeks and bodies of water.
- Support conservation-based land-use activities and sustainable economic development
- Respect the rights of private landowners.
- Encourage resource-compatible, non-growth inducing public recreation facilities on public lands.
- Consider all positions on an issue but only support activities when the Partnership has reached consensus.